Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

how to detect device lan port ip

my work2000 always detects device wan ip,and can't detect lan ip,can you help me how to solve,thanks

11 REPLIES

Re: how to detect device lan port ip

Sir

Thank for you support,but follow its step to change the setting,but it still can't detect device ethernet interface ip,and alway to detect serial interface ip.Can you help me ?Thanks!!

Silver

If you have configured the DNS in such way that the ethernet interface IP address is returned for this router and LMS still takes the serial IP then the ethernet IP has to be in a a range for which you have configured LMS that he should not discover devices in.

Check if the name resolution on the server works as you expect it

Cheers,

Michel

Sir

just doc of your give,I use to change setting by the way of "Configuring ANI to Use sysName Only" without DNS setting,and for your point,if I wanna decover ethernet ip,I need to setup dns in device?

Silver

Try this:

Open the hosts file.

Put in the sysname and the ethernet IP address.

Check if you ping the router by name, it pings the ethernet interface.

See if this helps.

If not you may want to change the management address in campus (right-click on the device icon)

Cheers,

Michel

Sir

I find the default work2000 will decover wan ip,and just your point,I can change the management address in campus (right-click on the device icon),but this function is on version 3.3,but my version is 3.2 hasn't this,how to do?has it the global setting to change default value of decover device lan ip or loopback ip,thanks

Cisco Employee

From what I can see, it looks like this functionality was added in CM 3.3 and wasn't in versions prior.

yes,right,this function is on CM3.3,but if I hope can have in CM3.2,how to do?or what kind of way to change manange ip in CM 3.2?

Hi,

Try this.

1. Define the IP-address you want to manage it by in as seed device on top of the list.

2. Delete the device from Campus Manager

3. Start a rediscover

Hi

where can do as "seed device on top of the list"

I can't find this item.

Hi,

I do currently not work in a cw2000 environment but let me help you underway.

On the lefthand side of the screen you see a list like this one:

home

server

Resource Manager essential

Campus Manager

ect.

Pick : Server

The the menu that opens there should be something like ANI server. click that one open

Under that menu some where you have an option called seed devices. click on that one.

You get a screen to the right where you can put in device by name and or ip-address

Put the wished IP-address for that device on top.

Still having problems? seacht the help for seed device or reply with an printscreen (crtl+print screan) of de server menu with it al the submenus open.

Views
Helpful
Replies