Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to discover ASA in LMS 3.1

Hello friends,

i have discovered switches and routers through CDP,how can i discover ASA while CDP does'nt work on ASA,

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: How to discover ASA in LMS 3.1

You need to make sure you have SNMP properly configured on the ASA, and that those same SNMP credentials are configured in Discovery.  If a device shows up as being unreachable, then that means Discovery could not communicate with it via SNMP.

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

You will need to use one of the non-CDP Discovery modules for this.  Many customers choose Ping Sweep.  This will work for the ASA provided you allow ICMP.

Thanks,i will try i will come back to u

hello clarke,

I have enabled ping seep module for discovery but i could'nt found ASA it is unreacheable and found by systems,

thanks,

Cisco Employee

You need to make sure you have SNMP properly configured on the ASA, and that those same SNMP credentials are configured in Discovery.  If a device shows up as being unreachable, then that means Discovery could not communicate with it via SNMP.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Also note that an ASA will always show up as an unconnected device in Campus Manager since it does not have CDP adjacency with any other device.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content