Views
Helpful
Replies

How to implement Cisco best Pratice with the help of Ciscoworks

mikik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi:

We have received a large number of required changes to various Cisco routers and switches of different models. For example we need to configure

"no IP unreachables"   under more then 1000 cisco  devices and under every interface in each device. Is there some method using Ciscowrks   where I provide the command to be entered , and Ciscoworks looks at every router and switch and alone know to make the change under every interface in the equipment? Any given device can have a number of interfaces which I don't know ahead of time and which is of different types ( fast, giga, tera , etc) so I can't create a general job or a template. Going manually is endless but it seems that the requirements of Ciscoworks are also very restrictive so as not to enable a general job to be created.

I thank anyone for any help

We have RME, CS and CM installed , so the tools are here.

Mickey

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use RME's baseline compliance feature for this.  This feature can be found under RME > Config Mgmt > Archive Mgmt.  The exact location will depend on your version of RME.  A template like the following will do what you want.

Sub-mode: interface [INTF]

Body:

+ no ip unreachables

When deployed, that will add "no ip unreachables" to all interfaces that do not already have the command.

Hi Joseph:

Thanks for the answer. I have never used this feature.

So I can create a template with the CLI commands as you have shown me and run it against the equipment and it will work on various type of devices?

I have to read up about it to better understand how it works.

thanks again.

Mickey

Yes, you can specify that the template is for Switches and Routers to reach a large number of different device types with one template.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: