Views
Helpful
Replies

How to import .my to LMS 3.2

panayiotiscy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I need to import a .my file downloaded from Cisco in order to monitor Digital Signage Manager notifications (snmp)

1st .my file is ftp://ftp-sj.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2/CISCO-DIGITAL-MEDIA-SYSTEMS-CAPABILITY.my and 2nd one is ftp://ftp-sj.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2/CISCO-DIGITAL-MEDIA-SYSTEMS-MIB.my

Thank you

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS does not provide a general purpose trap receiver into which you can load MIBs.  You can, however, load this MIB into the Health and Utilization Monitor add-on to LMS.  Just put the file in NMSROOT/hum/mibmanager/mibcompiler/mibs along with the INET-ADDRESS-MIB.my and SNMP-FRAMEWORK.my.  Then go to HUM > Admin > Load MIB, and load the CISCO-DIGITAL-MEDIA-SYSTEMS-MIB.my file.

HUM will only allow you to poll objects from this MIB, though.  You will still not be able to view notifications (e.g. traps) from these digital signage devices.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your advice.

So i guess if HUM was not installed on LMS, there is nothing i can do?

Correct, not with LMS.  You would need a general trap receiver application which supported the loading of MIB files.

Cruel world .... !

I also tried importing the .mib file to Orion/SolarWinds but in vain,nothing happens. I just hope somebody that have implemented the SNMP on it's DMS to give me some useful tips!

Thank you for your help