Views
Helpful
Replies

How to minimize POST time in CISCO 2960

guillermo330
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

At this moment I am installing 2 Cisco Catalyst 2960G-48TC-L switches with IOS 12.2(35)SE5 in an A330 aircraft instrumented for flight test.

I have noticed that it takes 3 minutes to start up the swiches, which is too much for my application. Therefore, I would like to reduce start-up time by means of disabling the POST, or at least taking it to the minimum.

POST process "PortASIC CAM Subsystem Tests" takes about 1:30 minutes to be done, which is 50% time consuming. So, I would like to disable this process and, if possible, any other unnecessary processes.

Thanks a lot.

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is not possible to do so.

If you want  Avionics Ethernet (AFDX), talk to one of the existing manufacturers.

Hi,

I don't need AFDX. I am using an standard Ethernet network. In the past I have used Catalyst 2950, which has done its job pretty well. Nevertheless, it is no longer supported so I purchased a 2960. I would like 2960 to start upas fast as 2950 did.

Best Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: