Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

How to minimize POST time in CISCO 2960

Hi all,

At this moment I am installing 2 Cisco Catalyst 2960G-48TC-L switches with IOS 12.2(35)SE5 in an A330 aircraft instrumented for flight test.

I have noticed that it takes 3 minutes to start up the swiches, which is too much for my application. Therefore, I would like to reduce start-up time by means of disabling the POST, or at least taking it to the minimum.

POST process "PortASIC CAM Subsystem Tests" takes about 1:30 minutes to be done, which is 50% time consuming. So, I would like to disable this process and, if possible, any other unnecessary processes.

Thanks a lot.

• Network Management
Everyone's tags (6)
2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: How to minimize POST time in CISCO 2960

It is not possible to do so.

If you want  Avionics Ethernet (AFDX), talk to one of the existing manufacturers.

Re: How to minimize POST time in CISCO 2960

Hi,

I don't need AFDX. I am using an standard Ethernet network. In the past I have used Catalyst 2950, which has done its job pretty well. Nevertheless, it is no longer supported so I purchased a 2960. I would like 2960 to start upas fast as 2950 did.

Best Regards,

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.