Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

How to refresh PI2.0 with the current wireless clients on a Wism

How often does Prime 2.0 refresh the status of the associated wireless clients on the "Client and User" page? Is it tunable?

Is it possible to do a manually refresh of the associated wireless clients on a wism in PI2.0?

Best Regards

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

How to refresh PI2.0 of the current wireless clients on a Wism

Prime Infrastructure gets this info from the controllers via SNMP

I don't think there are any tunable option Under Administration > Settings with the exception of SNMP timeouts and retries. If no, one of the jobs running under Background Tasks > Administration will be the ticket.

Question two: There isn't a way to go in and manually refresh Prime to go out and pull the info from the controller.

Hope that gets you pointed in the right direction:::

Community Member

Hi and thanks for your input. I have looked through the list of background tasks but I can not find any suitable candidate to refresh the wireless client status. My feeling is that it takes at least 30 min before disassociated clients are removed or updated in Prime. 

Cisco Employee

I don't have access to a system right now but can you please take a look here as well::

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6504/ps6528/ps12239/deployment_guide_c07-721232.html

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content