cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to restart campus manager

eliaspaulos
Level 1
Level 1

please any body can help ..how to restart campus manager on LMS.2.6 running solaris? and what's pros and cons install LMS on windows server than Solaris. I'm good on windows admin...litle on Solaris..please reasonable answer to propose change.

thank you!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mermerl's right. You may find multiple versions of Java under there depending on how many times you've upgraded. Always go with the latest you see. If you're on LMS 2.6 SP1 (i.e. CS 3.0.6) that's 1.4.2_15. If you're on LMS 3.0.1 (i.e. CS 3.1.1) that's 1.5.0_13.

We bundle additional CORBA classes with our JVMs which are required for Campus Manager. the best way to install our Java is to download the plug-in executable directly, and do the installation as a local Administrator on your client.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Campus Manager is a client-sided application, so restarting it is as simple as restarting your client browser. The server-side, ANIServer, can be restarted using the commands:

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/pdterm ANIServer

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/pdexec ANIServer

However, it is preferable to restart ANIServer with the rest of dmgtd.

When asked about the best server platform, I generally give the answer that it depends on what you and your organization are most comfortable with. If you feel like you can better administer, support, and update Solaris, then go with Solaris. If the same is true for Windows, then go with Windows. From a development standpoint, we treat both platforms equally. From a TAC standpoint, it is much easier to troubleshoot problems in Solaris, but even difficult problems can be analyzed on Windows.

Thank you...thank you!!! the campus manager I had a big time issue since I built my new PC any Java version wontwork with campus manager. first I have download java run 1.4.12 got pop up when I start campus manger first time boot up my pc, and download it after that every time try start campus manager...try download again and again the same thing finsh sucessfully ask me to restart the borwser. well that hapen almost 100 time. try every alternate java version no lack. that's why I'm thinking may be campus manager need to restart?

Thank you so much sir!!!

Eli

always use the java version that you get from your CiscoWorks Server!

You cannot use any other version!

you can find it on the server under this path:

NMSROOT/htdocs/plugin

where NMSROOT is the path to the installation directory (default on solaris: /opt/CSCOpx;- and on windows C:\Program Files\CSCOpx)

take the latest version available in this directory.

Mermerl's right. You may find multiple versions of Java under there depending on how many times you've upgraded. Always go with the latest you see. If you're on LMS 2.6 SP1 (i.e. CS 3.0.6) that's 1.4.2_15. If you're on LMS 3.0.1 (i.e. CS 3.1.1) that's 1.5.0_13.

We bundle additional CORBA classes with our JVMs which are required for Campus Manager. the best way to install our Java is to download the plug-in executable directly, and do the installation as a local Administrator on your client.