Views
Helpful
Replies

how to see 2 switch figures on LMS 2.6

alfonzofernando
Level 1
Level 1

Hi mates,

I have 2 cisco switches (switch A and switch B) connected each other.

CiscoView allow me to see switch A when i type switch A's IP address

same way i can see the Switch B

but I want to see both switches at the same time, is that possible, if possible how?

tx in advance for helping :)

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You would need two different browser instances to do that.

tx jclarke, tx for reply

do you mean I should open 2 Internet explorer and 2 times login as admin and open CiscoView on both Internet Explorer I've opened?

when I have a network with lets say 10 switches and 10 routers, then I need to open 20 browsers isnt there any other option?

tx for helping

Yes, you will need two browsers in tow different process spaces to avoid window overlap. CiscoView was never designed to be a multi-device viewer. It operates on a single device at a time. For large-scale provisioning, look at Netconfig in RME. For fault analysis, on a multi-device level, there is DFM.

tx pal

neither RME nor DFM shows image view of devices, we benefit them through command lines right?

The view of the device is expensive in terms of screen real-estate. What if you could launch multiple CV windows at once? Twenty windows would require a lot of monitors to get the same kind of visibility into each device.

Netconfig gives you a template-driven CLI interface to configuring multiple devices at once. If what you want to do already has a template defined, you really don't need to know any CLI at all. In fact, you can use the View CLI button in Netconfig to learn how to do certain tasks manually.

DFM also doesn't require any CLI knowledge. It uses SNMP in the backend to determine if fault conditions exist on your devices. While it's not the same as seeing a port go red in CiscoView, it can still alert you to a possible problem on your devices.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: