cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to set the variable for LMS monitoring

leo_zidane
Level 1
Level 1

I have a LMS 2.6 which is monitoring the cisco devices. Everytime when the server switch is utilized high due to backup services there will be alert triggered. How can i set the "high utilization" to make LMS alert me when the utilization is high let say for 20 minutes before triggering the alert.

Thanks

21 Replies 21

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is not possible. You are able to adjust the threshold and the polling interface (40% and 4 minutes are the default), but you cannot do delayed events or X of Y type correlation.

I have a question. I have a cisco ASA5505 Firewall on my network. I just added a new server to the network and want to move sonic wall security on to this new server.

I want to edit the configuration on the Cisco ASA 5505 firewall such that the IP Address of the old server is replaced by the IP address of the new server. The new server would be hosting the sonic email securitry if I can have the firewall point to this new server.

You should start a new thread in one of the Security forums.

If i have one interface that i want to disable for high utilization feature how can i go about doing it in LMS.

Thanks

You can do this in one of two ways. You can either unmanage the interface under DFM > Device Management > Device Details, or you can modify one of the custom interface groups under DFM > Configuration > Other Configuration > Grouping, disable the high utilization threshold for that group under DFM > Configuration > Polling and Thresholds > Managing Thresholds, then set the priority of that group to be higher than the built-in group for that interface type under DFM > Configuration > Polling and Thresholds > Setting Priorities.

Finally, apply the changes under DFM > Configuration > Polling and Thresholds > Apply Changes.

Look like i can only disable the high utilization for all the interfaces or unmanage the interface. But i want LMS to monitor the interface but except high utilization. Is there any way to do it?

No. The second set of instructions I gave you, the ones for modifying a custom interface group to match only this interface, will allow you to disable high utilization events while keeping other aspects of the interface managed.

Cause i have one group that contain all the routers and switches. How can i create another group in DFM and include those switches that i want to disable high utilization?

Thanks

You don't create a group. Instead, you modify one of the built-in custom interface groups. You'll see these listed under DFM > Configuration > Other Configurations > Group Administration. Choose one of those groups that is not already being used, and define a ruleset which matches the devices and interfaces for which you want to disable the high utilization event.

Then, under DFM > Configuration > Polling and Thresholds > Managing Thresholds, modify the threshold settings for that group, and set the Utilization Threshold to 0. Then, adjust the interface group priorities under DFM > Configuration > Polling and Thresholds > Setting Priorities so that this customized group is listed first. Finally, apply your changes.

Under the rule expression and Rule text. What do i need to add in to tell LMS that it is this switch and this particular interface?

Thanks

That's up to your specific device naming scheme and interface configuration. If it were one interface on one device, you would want a rule which matches on that specific device name, and the specific interface you want.

The interface name as it is known to DFM can be found in the Detailed Device View under DFM > Device Management Device Details.

There are Customizable Group 1

Customizable Group 2, Customizable Group 3, Customizable Group A , Customizable Group B, Customizable Group C. Can use either one is it?

For utilization parameters the field need a valid number any method to disable just that?

You can use any group.

Specify 0 to disable the threshold.

There are four user defined groups Customize Access Port Groups, Customize Groups, Customize Interface Groups and Customizable Trunk Port Group.

Trunk port Groups means those ports that have trunking enabled is it. LMS will auto detect it right?

What is the different between Interface Groups and Access Port Groups?

Lastly there is another Groups itself?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: