cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to set the variable for LMS monitoring

leo_zidane
Level 1
Level 1

I have a LMS 2.6 which is monitoring the cisco devices. Everytime when the server switch is utilized high due to backup services there will be alert triggered. How can i set the "high utilization" to make LMS alert me when the utilization is high let say for 20 minutes before triggering the alert.

Thanks

21 Replies 21

You need to use one of the interface groups if the object in question is a routed interface (i.e. one with an IP address). Access ports are switch ports which do not connect to another DFM-managed device. Trunk ports are switch ports which do connect to another DFM-managed device.

So if my server is in this VLAN, i want to do a customize group to disable the utilization feature i will use the Access ports group. In the rule expression i will match the element name of the interface. Am i right?

Thanks

What type of device is this port/interface object on? what is the config for this interface/port?

It is just a normal switch access port which belong to a server vlan. It is a cisco catalyst switch.

Thanks

If the port doesn't have an IP address, and is configured as a switchport, then you will need to modify one of the access port groups. That said, access ports are not managed by default, so you shouldn't be getting high utilization events for these ports unless you explicitly managed them.

If you did, and you would like to manage these ports for everything but high utilization, you can still do that following all of the guidelines I laid out previously. You can also have your ruleset match multiple ports on this one device by using the OR operator.

I tried to set 0 on utilization to disable it but LMS alert me immediately that utilization is high.

Another question is LMS will based on priority of group is it. So if i define my customize group element name on the top it will overwrite the system group right?

Sorry, I confused this threshold with another. For High Utilization, set the threshold to 100.

Right. The priorities work like access-lists: the first match wins. So, if your custom group has a higher priority than a system-defined group, then anything matched by your ruleset will have the thresholds applied based on that group, and not the system-defined group.

Remember, any changes you make in priorities or thresholds require you to apply your changes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: