cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to start DCA server

rajesh1331
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed LMS 2.6. However the error message DCA server down pops up. How can I start the DCA server. Iam new to ciscowors and could not find the option for the above.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I see your problem. Your COMPUTERNAME is now KSWANLMS, but it used to be KSWAN_LMS when LMS was first installed. This is causing your problem. You need to follow the steps at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_common_services_software/3.0/user/guide/diagnos.html#wp1078582 to teach LMS the new hostname. Additionally, there is one other registry key under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Cisco that will have the old hostname. Change all instances of the old name to the new name.

If after all of this, the hostname is still KSWAN_LMS in sso.properties, modify the hostname there, then restart dmgtd.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The DCRServer daemon will come up automatically provided there are no issues. If it is not started, that points to a problem with either it, or one of its dependencies. Please post the output of pdshow as well as the NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log.

Hi clarke..

Thanks for ur response. Iam attaching both the files along. It woulf be very helpful if you can find me a solution

rgds

rajesh

Please post NMSROOT/lib/classpath/sso.properties.

hi clarke..

srry for the late response.

Iam attaching the file you have asked for.

thanks and regards

Rajesh

Please post the output of "set" from a DOS command prompt.

Hi clarke,

Iam attaching thhe file along.

rgds

Rajesh

I see your problem. Your COMPUTERNAME is now KSWANLMS, but it used to be KSWAN_LMS when LMS was first installed. This is causing your problem. You need to follow the steps at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_common_services_software/3.0/user/guide/diagnos.html#wp1078582 to teach LMS the new hostname. Additionally, there is one other registry key under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Cisco that will have the old hostname. Change all instances of the old name to the new name.

If after all of this, the hostname is still KSWAN_LMS in sso.properties, modify the hostname there, then restart dmgtd.

Hi clarke..

Thanks a lot for that support. It is working fine now.

Thanks and regards

Rajesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: