Views
Helpful
Replies

How to verify the output of a command with LMS

adery6300
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm running LMS 3.1 with RME 4.2.0 on Windows.

I'd like to use LMS to verify the output of a command on a large number of devices (200+). I've tried netshow, but I need to click on each individual "Success" link to see the result. And AFAIK, "Compliance Management" can only check the _configuration_, not command _output_. Correct me if I'm wrong.

What I want to do is run a command on multiple device and get a "report" of the output for all the devices. Even better : if I could verify the output for "compliance" with some regex automatically.

Example : I want to run "show ntp assoc" and make sure all my devices are synch'ed to the ntp server, that there is a star (*) before the ntp server's IP address.

Sorry if this as been asked before. I've searched the forum but I haven't found anything, maybe I'm using the wrong keywords.

Thank you,

A.

I've used "compliance management" and "netshow" before but

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is no integration framework for CLI tools. If you made a web-based tool out of it, you could add a link to it using the Application Registration feature of Common Services.

You could have your account team file a Product Enhancement Request (PERS) on your behalf to request such a feature.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is not possible from within the UI. However, you can script the cwcli netshow command to get the job output, then run the desired regexps over the results. To get the Netshow job output, run:

cwcli netshow jobresults -u admin -p admin -id JOBID

Where JOBID is the desired Netshow job ID.

Hello jclarke and thanks for the answer!

If I need to script it, do you think I could integrate it into LMS as a custom tool ? I haven't read about that though, just thinking out loud... :)

Or do you think it's a feature that could be added to LMS eventually ? Could I/you add this to some "wishlist" ?

Thank you!

A.

There is no integration framework for CLI tools. If you made a web-based tool out of it, you could add a link to it using the Application Registration feature of Common Services.

You could have your account team file a Product Enhancement Request (PERS) on your behalf to request such a feature.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: