Views
Helpful
Replies

HSRP IP Addresses and Cisco Works

dholder
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning,

I have recently installed LMS 2.5.1 with all updates, and I am having a hard time understanding how to prevent Cisco Works from seeing the HSRP IP addresses in our 6509's and 6513's. I get 'Duplicate Errors' in DFM, I get failed config backup's and failed inventories in RME for these addresses. I contacted TAC, and was not happy with the manual process I was given. There has to be a better way.

If you have one, please let me know.

Thanks,

Dave Holder

5 Replies 5

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you tried unmanaging the virtual IP

address by suspending it in DFM?

Yes I have done that. But each time I delete from Common Services, they are re-discovered then fed throught Campus Manager and RME. I guess I want to eliminate the addresses from being discovered.

You can prevent DFM from discovering those interfaces but it is an undocumented so probably unsupported thing.

in CSCOpx\objects\smarts\conf\discovery\discovery.conf there is an exclude list

#

# ipExcludeList += "10.10.9.*"

# ipExcludeList += "10.10.1.*|10.10.<2-10>.*"

#

You may need to place a copy of this file with the modification under CSCOpx\objects\smarts\local\conf\

On the otherhand the errors might be the result of ciscoworks not understanding your topology.

Do things look OK in campus? Are things really connected as campus sees it?

Cheers,

Michel

Michel,

Thank you for responding.

I will try the above.

And yes it looks okay in campus. The problem is the all the VLAN's on the core switches. I get the Duplicate addresses on the all the VLAN addresses.

And do you have HSRP changes? You may wish to turn on debuging on the routers to be sure.

I also recall a time where a customer had put a couple of HSRP addresses in the seed device table. It also caused this type of issues

Cheers,

Michel