cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error

mserranocisco
Level 1
Level 1

When I go to Device Update, ant try to have a look at RME packages, I got this error, only for

RME.

CW LMS 2.6 over W2003.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, that procedure will not work for you.  Your problem is due to corrupt package maps most likely brought on by CSCsj58812.  See the Release-note in the bug for the workaround procedure.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post the NMSROOT/lib/classpath/com/cisco/nm/xms/psu/conf/tag.properties, NMSROOT/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/xms/psu/maps/rmePackageMap.map and rmeDeviceMap.map files.

Hi!

here you have...

I've found this procedure, but not tried:

1. Stop CiscoWorks daemon manager: net stop crmdmgtd
2. Go to \CSCOpx\MDC\Apache\conf\SSL and delete all the server.*

files.
3. Go to \CSCOpx\MDC\Apache folder and type: perl configssl.pl

-enable
4. Fill out the form again with all the requested information.
5. If you do not use SSL to access CiscoWorks type: perl configssl.pl -

disable
6. Restart CiscoWorks daemon manager: net start crmdmgtd
7. Wait about 15 minutes or so and login again.

No, that procedure will not work for you.  Your problem is due to corrupt package maps most likely brought on by CSCsj58812.  See the Release-note in the bug for the workaround procedure.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador>set NMSROOT=%CWMIBDIR%\..\..\..

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador>%NMSROOT%\lib\jre\bin\java -classpath %N
MSROOT%\lib\jre\lib;%NMSROOT%\lib\classpath;%NMSROOT%\objects\log4j\1.1.3\log4j.
jar;%NMSROOT%\MDC\tomcat\shared\lib\MICE.jar;%NMSROOT%\MDC\tomcat\shared\lib\NAT
IVE.jar;%NMSROOT%\MDC\tomcat\shared\lib\jdom.jar;%NMSROOT%\www\classpath;%NMSROO
T%\lib\classpath\servlet.jar;%NMSROOT%\MDC\tomcat\webapps\cwhp\WEB-INF\classes c
om.cisco.nm.xms.psu.packagemgmt.map.CreateMaps %NMSROOT%\www\classpath\com\cisco
\nm\xms\psu\pkgs\rme
log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for category (com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.util.
PackageUtils).
log4j:ERROR Please initialize the log4j system properly.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador>
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador>%NMSROOT%\lib\jre\bin\java -classpath %N
MSROOT%\lib\jre\lib;%NMSROOT%\lib\classpath;%NMSROOT%\objects\log4j\1.1.3\log4j.
jar;%NMSROOT%\MDC\tomcat\shared\lib\MICE.jar;%NMSROOT%\MDC\tomcat\shared\lib\NAT
IVE.jar;%NMSROOT%\MDC\tomcat\shared\lib\jdom.jar;%NMSROOT%\www\classpath;%NMSROO
T%\lib\classpath\servlet.jar;%NMSROOT%\MDC\tomcat\webapps\cwhp\WEB-INF\classes c
om.cisco.nm.xms.psu.packagemgmt.map.CreateMaps %NMSROOT%\www\classpath\com\cisco
\nm\xms\psu\pkgs\cvw
log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for category (com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.util.
PackageUtils).
log4j:ERROR Please initialize the log4j system properly.

I just wanted to add that CV is working fine, we only got the error for RME.

Hi again,

I've found this:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/643236#643236

I think is the same problem, isn't it?

RME 4.0.6

Hi Joe,

after deleting rme file and running command again, it works!

Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: