cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HTTPS compatibillity with LMS 2.5.x or 2.6 components

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I vaguely recall Campus Manager User Tracking cannot use HTTPS in LMS 2.5.x, but found in my notes it's DFM. Is either of this [still] true? Is this going to change in LMS 2.6? Is LMS 2.6 an incremental update to 2.5.x, or LMS 3.0 renamed? Is upgrading from LMS 2.2 to 2.6 or 3.0 supported?

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All components of LMS 2.5 are SSL-compliant. Upgrading from LMS 2.2 to 2.6 will be supported, but upgrading from 2.2 to 3.0 will not be supported. LMS 2.6 is an incremental release on top of 2.5.1.

No new fresh install of just 2.6 possible?

Anyway to slipstream an install? Putting all updates in one file?

Would be very helpfull for me.

Cheers,

Michel

LMS 2.6 will be pressed to CDs, and another mega-patch should also be made available (i.e. similar to 2.5.1).

Like the december2005 upgrade?

But still ontop of LMS 2.5?

Or ontop of LMS 2.5 + the december2005 upgrade?

No need for the other upgrades?

Cheers,

Michel

LMS 2.6 will require 2.5.1. (i.e. the December 2005 Updates) but LMS 2.5.1 was also pressed to CDs, and could have been installed directly. All new orders of LMS will get the 2.5.1 CDs currently.

Thanks Joe,

I guess the only way to get those CD's is NOT to order the LMS 2.2 upgrades.

Unfortunately most of my customers are upgraders and I may need to enlighten our people that place the orders @cisco not to order the partnumber the "know" is right.

Are there by any chance 2.5.1 NRF kits? (Not For Resel)

Cheers,

Michel

You cannot order LMS 2.5 anymore. All LMS 2.5 part numbers will get you 2.5.1.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco