Views
Helpful
Replies

HUM 1.0 MRTG My Portal

Peter Valdes
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I would like to view on my LMS 3.0 portal the HUM version of MRTG so that we have a visibility of the current HUB router Internet utilization. Is there a way to enable this on the private portal so we can see it on the big screen?

Also, if this is possible, instead of percentage for Y-axis, can we view bandwidth usage instead?

Thanks

Peter

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Interface Utilization template breaks utilization down to a percentage of total bandwidth. You could create a template for locIfInBitsSec and locIfOutBitSec, then use the HistoGraphIt portlet to graph those objects. However, this graph would not appear on the portal. This would be the closest to an MRTG-like graph.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Interface Utilization template breaks utilization down to a percentage of total bandwidth. You could create a template for locIfInBitsSec and locIfOutBitSec, then use the HistoGraphIt portlet to graph those objects. However, this graph would not appear on the portal. This would be the closest to an MRTG-like graph.

Hi jclarke,

Thanks for the reply. The MIB for locIfInBitsSec and locIfOutBitSec are not available on MIB Variables in HUM 1.0 when creating under Template Management.

No. You will need to load the OLD-CISCO-INTERFACES-MIB into HUM to get those objects.

Hi jclarke,

The new MIB works. Like you said, I still have to use Histo Graph It when I want to see the current usage.

Will HUM 1.1 have this functionality or will it be similar to my demo HUM 1.0?

No, HUM 1.1 still requires one to use the HistoGrahpIt portlet.

Hi jclarke,

Last questions about this topic...

The MIBs I have using locIfInBitsSec shows 9 available instances, could you please provide links of the meaning per instances?

Each shows different graphs and some none.

Thanks

Peter

Each instance corresponds to an interface. The number is the ifIndex. You can use the command "show snmp mib ifmib ifindex" to get a list of interfaces and their ifIndex values.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco