Views
Helpful
Replies

HUM 1.2 Quick Report

Ian Beck
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Following a backup and restore of LMS 3.1 to LMS 3.2 and HUM 1.2.

I have lost the Quick Report CPU Utiliztation, get an error meeage "CPU Utilization jobs not avaiable".

Any ideas.

Many thanks

IAn

14 Replies 14

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Go to HUM > Admin > Quick Reports Schedule, and make sure CPU Utilization is enabled, and properly scheduled.

Hi,

Went to the Schdeule and the report was enabled, so tryed to disable and got the following message :

ERROR: No such job exists in JRM. Query for the available HUM jobs.

I was able to re-enable without issue.

But still get the same error message when going to report management.

You may need to wait an hour (the default) before trying the Quick Report again. However, if you try disabling the report again, do you get the same error?

Hi,

I have done a bit more tetsing with the Quick report Schedule.

When I disable the report and apply, I still get the JRM error message.

If I move away for the screen and come back the JOb is still showing as enabled although I did not re-enable.

Thanks

Post the upm_ui.log. Is this only happening for CPU quick reports, or do you see this behavior disabling/enabling all reports?

Hi,

Yes this is only happening for this report.

Requested file attached

Post the jrm.log as well.

As requested

Post the jobattribute.xml and jobattribs-mapping.xml files from NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/upm/WEB-INF/classes/com/cisco/nm/upm/properties/common.

As requested

Shutdown the UPMProcess daemon, then clear out the upm_process.log, then restart UPMProcess. Now you'll need to wait. UPMProcess will start taking a lot of CPU as it runs through all the jobs on the system. When it becomes idle, post the new upm_process.log.

As requested.

Had to stop all process's, just stopping the UPMProcess did not release the file.

There was a problem adding all of the Quick Report jobs to JRM at the time of the upgrade. Now, HUM mistakenly thinks it doesn't need to add the missing job. If you reinitialize the upm database, restarting Daemon Manager should properly add all the Quick Reports. However, you will lose all of your HUM historical data. This may be fixable with some database surgery as well, but you will need to contact the TAC to get the steps.

To reinitialize the upm database run:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=upm dmprefix=UPM

Hi Joe,

Many thanks for your assistance in getting to the bottom of this.

Regards.

Ian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco