Views
Helpful
Replies

HUM is install but still issues

dionjiles
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I upgraded to LMS 3.1 onto a new server this past weekend.

Here are the steps I followed:

Step 1. Back up data from old server which as LMS 3.0 300 device license installed.

Step 2. Shut down old Server and install new server install LMS 3.1 with new license file LMS 3.0.1 1500 device license.

Step 3. Shut down daemons and restore old data from LMS 3.0 300 device

Step 4. Hum is somehow seeing the old eval license i had that expired June 6th.

I retried installing the software but it doesn't even show up.

Please see screen captures.

10 Replies 10

dionjiles
Level 1
Level 1

See Attached

Here is the error

Do you have a HUM license? HUM is licensed separately from the rest of LMS.

Unfortunately I do not.....but we are looking into get a license. I'm trying to see why I can't install this onto the server being that this is a new server with LMS 3.1 1500 device license. The only thing I can think of is that is that it is still referencing the LMS 3.0 300 device restore I did which had HUM migrated data contained in it.

If you were using HUM 1.0 with an eval license, you cannot upgrade to HUM 1.1 with an eval license. You will be able to use HUM 1.1 once you get your HUM license.

That's the thing this is a brand new install.

The LMS 3.1 disc states that evaluation of CiscoWorks HUM 1.1 included. This should be included with the install correct this is under a new contract number.I didn't do an upgrade of HUM 1.0, I didn't realize if I did a restore with the HUM 1.0 data it would hamper my HUM 1.1 install. I have a TAC case opened now so hopefully I can get an eval license. What files on the server can I get rid of from the restore that can resolve this?

If you restored the data from the HUM 1.0 server, you technically did an upgrade which explains the failure. At this point, you would have to uninstall HUM, and reinstall it, but do NOT migrate the HUM 1.0 data.

That's exactly what I did several times uninstall and performed install.

Still the same results.

I even went as far as copying the license file in a path outside CSCOpx -delet the *.lic files from the CSCOpx\etc\licenses restarting the license server by pdterm LicenseServer pdexec LicenseServer

I then went on to -Services>Server>Admin>Licensing and reapplying my LMS 3.0.1 1500 device license.

Should I remove any existing directory with HUM relating data from the CSCOpx directory?

The 1500 device license is only for LMS. Reapplying that license will do nothing for HUM.

If you've uninstalled HUM, you really should only have one .lic file under NMSROOT\etc\licenses. That file should be for LMS (though you might have individual license for RME, CM, etc.). If you have a file for HUM, delete it.

When you reinstall HUM, it should ask what kind of license you want. If you select eval, an eval license will be installed in etc\license.

Thanks I will give that a try.....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: