Views
Helpful
Replies

HUM logs

cmartinvalle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

sometimes in HUM, I try to load MIBs and they fail dued to dependencies. Today I'm trying to load a MIB related with QoS that depends on other 23 MIBs, and I don't know which is the one that fails.

Are there any log files where I could see this info?

Regards.

9 Replies 9

cmartinvalle
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry, I have found it: upm_base.log

Hi,

Like you I was trying to pinpoint the exact MIB that was lacking to compile CISCO-CLASS-BASED-QOS-MIB.

However I couldn't locate any error related messages pertaining the compilation. Did I miss something?

Btw did you manage to load the said QOS mib above?

Hi,

finally I was able to load the MIBs. If dependencies are missing you can find the MIBs needed in NMSROOT/log/upm_base.log.

Also, you can search in www.cisco.com for CISCO-CLASS-BASED-QOS-MIB and dependencies are shown.

Regards.

Heya,

Thanks for replying. I tailed upm_base.log in /var/adm/CSCOpx/log/ and was looking for something like "Error while compiling. Required dump file not available." but I didn't come across anything like that.

Yeah I got the dependency reference from here:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseMIB.do?local=en&step=2&submitClicked=true&mibName=CISCO-CLASS-BASED-QOS-MIB#dependencies

Oddly enough, I had the QOS MIB loaded and working fine in Windows, but no joy for Solaris.

I installed LMS + HUM in a Windows server...

Perhaps you can you enable some debug in HUM in order to see anything else in a log file.

Hi,

Okay the problem was resolved with some help from Cisco. Things to note:

1. HUM 1.2 was deployed

2. MIB compile errors were found in HUMPortal.log, not upm_base.log for my case.

3. RFC1158-MIB was the missing MIB, and was not listed in the dependency list.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: