Views
Helpful
Replies

Hybrid Cat 6500 DFM Bug Still Present in sp6

cbeswick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When DFM sp4 became available I upgraded and ran into the same problem everyone else experienced - i.e multiple logical interfaces on the MSFC being discovered as separate entities.

I downgraded CiscoWorks back to sp3 with a view to upgrading once sp6 was released which apparently fixed the issue.

I have recently applied all the patched and have found a single device present that cannot be accounted for. It is the first logical interface on a Hybrid 6500 and is the only one that has been "found", as apposed to hundreds that were discovered with SP4. The device appears in RME and also created an "unknown" folder in Common Services, but isnt actually populated with any devices.

I have tried reinitialising the databases, clearing the ani database, but to no avail. The same logical interface is discovered every time in RME, yet it is only 1 device.

This logical interface is only discovered after I permit DFM to complete a full discovery of the devices from Common Services. If I leave DFM unpopulated then RME lists all devices correctly and Common Services doesn't create an unknown folder.

It looks like the bug hasn't been completely fixed.

Can anyone provide any additional help ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try editing NMSROOT/objects/vhm/config/inventorycollector/InventoryConfig.conf, and set EnableContainedDevDisc to false. Then, delete the switch and MSFC from DFM. then restart dmgtd, and re-add the switch. The MSFC should no longer be discovered.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try editing NMSROOT/objects/vhm/config/inventorycollector/InventoryConfig.conf, and set EnableContainedDevDisc to false. Then, delete the switch and MSFC from DFM. then restart dmgtd, and re-add the switch. The MSFC should no longer be discovered.

Thanks for your help. This solved the issue.

I had to manually restore the databases to get it to clear down the original error. But it hasnt rediscovered it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: