cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hyper Terminal unable to capture text to file in XP

zekwueme1
Level 1
Level 1

What am I doing wrong. I am unable to capture text on Hyper Terminal and save it to notepad. First I highlight the text. then go to menu >transfer>capture text>filename.txt. When I go to open the file it would be blank. Is there any precise way to do this. Help please.

3 Replies 3

smebbin
Level 1
Level 1

You don't need to highlight the text if I am not mistaken. I use a MAC so I am accustomed to another program but with Hyperterminal you can do the "start capture" then do a "sh start" then do the "stop capture" and then view you file with notepad.

Hi,

As my colleague has mentioned...there is no need to highlight the text.

You simply telnet to the device using hyperterminal and when you a ready to capture some output, you hit the "capture text" button and specify a file to save to.

Then type whatever command you want to capture eg. "sh run". When you have finished go back to menu>transfer>capture text>stop.

The output will be saved to the file you specified.

SD

Zubbie

There are two approaches to capturing in hyperterm. One approach is to capture something that is about to happen and the other is to capture something that that has already happened. The first approach is the one that the other posts have described (capture text in hyperterm will capture all input/output from the point that it is started to the point where it is stopped). The approach to capture something that has already happened is to highlight the text, go to the edit (in the tool bar), select copy, go to notepad, from edit select paste.

Since your original post talked about highlighting text I believe that you are attempting to capture something that has already happened. In that case you do not need the capture text function in hyperterm, but you need the edit copy/paste.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick