Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

I can't retrieve usm and vacm tables from router cisco 2800. Help please!!

Hi, I'm doing some tests in a router cisco 2800 using snmp in versions 2c and 3. I configured views and communities for version 2c and user, groups and views for version3; I suppose that the vacm and usm parameters involved in the groups, views are stored internally in usm, vacm tables. I wanted to check if the parameters I configured were inside the tables, but when I tried to retrieve all those values through get table or get next commands, I obtained the answer "end of mib view" in the application I'm using (SNMP J MANAGER) and also in wireshark where the requests are sent but the responses contain the OIDs belonging to  the tables but with the value end of mib view.

I know for experience doing the tests, that "end of mib view" is obtained in a response when you try to request a OID that is outside of the view being used by a community. But the last thing I did was create a community related to a view with access to internet included. Later, I used that community (comlectura) in version 2c to retrieve those values of usmtable (1.3.6.1.6.3.15.1.2.2 ) and vacmtable (inside of 1.3.6.1.6.3.16.1) and nothing.

These are some commands I configured in the router:

snmp-server group readonly v3 auth read readview

snmp-server group writeonly v3 auth write writeview

snmp-server view readview internet included

snmp-server view writeview internet included

snmp-server view viewcomlectura mib-2 included

snmp-server view viewcomlectura2 system included

snmp-server community comlectura view readview RO

snmp-server community comlectura2 view viewcomlectura2 RO

snmp-server trap-source FastEthernet0/1

I think the cause of this error perhaps is because these tables don't exist in the CISCO MIB, but I don't thinks cisco devices ONLY have cisco mibs (

1.3.6.1.4.1.9) inside of them, because I can make request with OIDs of mib-2 branches. Anyway, please someone that can guide me in this problem. Thanks in advance.

Views
Helpful
Replies