cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IC_Server crash with "out of memory" error

wilson_1234_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have been experiencing IC Server bombing out every night with an out of memory error.

I also have LMS 2.6 and recently upgraded to the latest rev of

Common Services

Campus Manager

Device Fault Manager

RME

I am experiencing the exact same thing that this thread outlines, but did not have the problem before the upgrade:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&topicID=.ee71a02&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddf9546

Here is my error:

[ Wed Jul 29 04:34:44 EDT 2009 ],FATAL,[Thread-18],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.ics.server.InvDataProcessor,481,Fatal Error has Occured, exiting ICServer java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

[ Wed Jul 29 04:34:44 EDT 2009 ],INFO ,[Thread-18],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.ics.server.InvDataProcessor,482,Total Memory :133234688

[ Wed Jul 29 04:34:44 EDT 2009 ],INFO ,[Thread-18],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.ics.server.InvDataProcessor,483,Free Memory :836264

[ Wed Jul 29 04:34:44 EDT 2009 ],INFO ,[Thread-18],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.ics.server.InvDataProcessor,484,Max Memory :133234688

Should I follow the guidlines in the above thread to correct this issue?

9 Replies 9

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Well, that issue was specific to LMS 2.6, which is exactly what you're experiencing now that you've upgraded to it. Why not give that solution a try?

Well,

I was looking for Joe Clark's input before I did it.

He is an expert with CiscoWorks.

I see that was you in the original post, it must have worked out for you.

yjdabear's advice is correct. We have noted that ICServer requires more than the 128 MB of heap space it is given. Therefore, we have increased this to 256 MB in LMS 3.2.

Thanks Joe Clarke

Sorry for misspelling your last name earlier.

Joe,

I am unable to find the file path shown here or file shown in this post I do not have the "opt" folder):

/opt/CSCOpx/objects/dmgt/dmgtd.conf

The only thing in the dmgt folder is a folder "ready", with nothing in it.

I do have a registry entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco\Resource Manager\CurrentVersion\Daemons\ICServer

That has this in the registry (only showing partial string value):

-cw d:\CSCOpx -cw:jre lib/jre -Xms128m -Xmx128m

Yes, on Windows you need to modify the registry. Change the -Xmx128m parameter to -Xm256m. Then restart Daemon Manager.

Both of them?

There is only one. The other is -Xms which you should not touch.

I had a typo here. -Xmx128m should be changed to -Xmx256m. The result should start with -Xmx not just -Xm.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: