cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Image Distribution Reboot

BlueyVIII
Level 1
Level 1

We're currently using RME to upgrade Cat3750 IOS versions.

At the end of the upgrade process the switch gets restarted via SNMP and then the job attempts and contact the switch whilst it reboots. After 5 attempts the job gives up and fails, however, around 30secs after the last attempt the switch completes it's reboot cycle successfully (and the upgrade is complete).

Unfortunately RME then marks the job as failed which means we have to disable the "stop on failure" option of the job when upgrading multiple switches. This isn't ideal as we would like the job to stop for a legitimate failure so we can review.

Is there a parameter on RME which we can alter to increase the time threshold or retries before the job gives up trying to contact the switch after reboot. It would appear that if we can increase the threshold by 30secs that would suffice and give the switches enough time to reboot after their upgrade.

We're running LMS3.2 and I've attached a screen shot of the failure.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The global option is under RME > Admin > System Preferences > RME Device Attributes.  However, if any changes have been done for indivdual devices, then the global settings will not take effect for those devices.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Increase your RME SNMP timeout.  Go from two seconds to 10 or 15 and that will give you a much longer wait time.

Thanks for the answer Joe.

I hoped it would be something as simple as that. In fact I was looking for a parameter similar to that but I couldn't find one.

Can you advise whereabouts I can find that setting.

Thanks.

You can edit it on a per-device basis under RME > Devices > Device Management > RME Devices.  Edit the attributes in line.

Thanks - I'll change this tommorow.

We have over 200 switches, is there a global setting too? Or an easy way to change the setting for all of these switches rather than each one individually?

The global option is under RME > Admin > System Preferences > RME Device Attributes.  However, if any changes have been done for indivdual devices, then the global settings will not take effect for those devices.

Thanks Joe - as usual, absolutely correct!!

Top Service