Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Impact for Callmanager when connect to LMS3.2

Hello,

we use currently LMS3.2 for ~4500 network devices. To get data for our IP-Phones into usertracking database we think about a connection to our Callmanager Cluster (version 7.1.3.20000-2) that manages ~30.000 IP-Phones.

But we are a little worried about the additional load for the callmanager.

So I have 2 questions:

What impact will it have for our CCM, when LMS polls the CCM system via snmp to get the phone numbers?  In our UserTracking table are ~140000 clients, 30000 of them are cisco ip-phones. A major usertracking aquisition needs currently ~3,5 hours and starts twice a day. The CCMs (publisher) CPU-Load is usually ~ 50%, maximum 65%.

Asks LMS the CCM for all clients that is finds or only for clients that look like an cisco IP-Phones (based on mac-adresses ...) ?

Regards

Hendrik

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Impact for Callmanager when connect to LMS3.2

LMS will walk the ccmPhoneTable and ccmPhoneExtnTable from the CISCO-CCM-MIB.  You can test walks of these tables to see what additional load this puts on the cluster.  I don't anticipate it will be overly burdensome.

I do not understand your second question.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content