cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IMProcess

downeast75
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, We have a recent install of LMS 3.2 on a Solaris server. When attempting to create collectors in IPM we get an error "Error communication with IPMProcess or IpmDBEngine, It may be down or not yet up". I checked the process and it is labeled "Administrator has shut down this server". When I attempt to start the service, it starts successfully, only to shut down 8 seconds later. Attached is our PDSHOW and ScreenShots. Any help is appreciated - JOHN

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

A reboot is seldom required on Solaris. In this case, restarting Daemon Manager would not help as there is a problem with the IPM database. It appears that something went wrong in the schema upgrade procedure. The easiest way to fix this is to reinitialize the IPM database:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ipm dmprefix=Ipm

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post the ipmserver.log and the daemons.log.

Thanks jclarke, attached are the requested log files, Im thinking about trying a reboot of the server and see if the process starts then, but have to go through a lenghty change control process.

A reboot is seldom required on Solaris. In this case, restarting Daemon Manager would not help as there is a problem with the IPM database. It appears that something went wrong in the schema upgrade procedure. The easiest way to fix this is to reinitialize the IPM database:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ipm dmprefix=Ipm

Thank you, I will try this. I'm guessing I will not loose any other configurations in LMS, except for IPM. Correct?

Correct.