cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

InCharge EventID 16640 -- Anyone Know This

GERARD PUOPLO
Level 1
Level 1

On Windows, We are installing HUM and DFM each on separate servers. On our LMS (Server-A) we updated from LMS 2.6 to 3.0 and then ran the DEC 2007 LMS update to get to LMS 3.01. Then we installed DFM on Server-B and also ran the DEC 2007 update on that. Now on Server-B in the Windows event viewer we see tons on Critical application alerts saying ..

Source Incharge EventID 16640 ... The following information is part of the event :HTTP#1 AUTH-E-EWRITESSTREAM - While check Feature was writing to d:\progra~1\objects\smarts\bin\sm_authority.exe encounted error : Bad file descriptor.

We did a custom install to put DFM on a d disk and we create the directory program files on the D directory before we did the DFM install. Could this be due to the fact that we didn't do a standard install into the C drive ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, upgrading to LMS 3.0.1 is fine. This particular bug has been in DFM since 3.0, and you cannot upgrade to DFM 3.0.3 unless you've applied the December 2007 updates.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a known bug with DFM 3.0. If you apply the DFM 3.0.3 update, the problem will go away.

Will do ...

Do you know if we screwed up by applying the DEC 2007 update to our DFM server after we did the DFM install on server-B ? We are debating among ourselves whether this was correct to do or not.

No, upgrading to LMS 3.0.1 is fine. This particular bug has been in DFM since 3.0, and you cannot upgrade to DFM 3.0.3 unless you've applied the December 2007 updates.

How do I get and apply the DFM 3.0.3 update. When I http to the server running DFM only, I see no menu item for product update.

Common Services > Software Center > Software Update. This will be present on any server with any LMS applications installed.