cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

incompatible web browsers for Ciscoworks LMS 2.5

david.fernandes
Level 1
Level 1

What are the incompatible web browsers for Ciscoworks LMS 2.5? Also, does anyone know if an incompatible web browser would cause a slow down server side if it's used to login to Ciscoworks LMS?

4 Replies 4

miheg
Level 5
Level 5

All the non-graphical browsers, the ones that don't support java script, cookies and launching a jar in a virtual java machine as campus topology service does.

most modern browsers will work just fine. too bad so few are actually supported

Michel

As noted only IE and Netscape are offically supported (meaning, more or less, that Cisco will acept TAC cases in the event that they give you problems). However, I've used Firefox and Opera just fine.

More important than the browser is the Java Runtime Engine (JRE). If you don't have the precise version your CW installation requires, the Java-dependent pieces (Campus Manager most notably) will not work. Cisco is gradually implementing more of CW as pure HTML but the CM functionality will probably be the last to get there (if ever).

Hope this helps, please rate useful posts.

"More important than the browser is the Java Runtime Engine (JRE). If you don't have the precise version your CW installation requires, the Java-dependent pieces (Campus Manager most notably) will not work. Cisco is gradually implementing more of CW as pure HTML but the CM functionality will probably be the last to get there (if ever). "

Judging by the RSI-inducing GUI of LMS 2.5, I'm not enthused about getting Java replaced by HTML in CM/LMS at all.

Me neither, Yi. I only observe that the JRE dependency is a hard one. It would seem Cisco could make the tools work with more than one very specific JRE version.

Personally, I liked the old CW classic tcl/tk-based tools. Solaris-only, but hey that's what XWindows is good for. ;)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: