cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Increasing NVRAM (????)

d-garnett
Level 3
Level 3

This may be a silly question, so sorry in advanced, but we have a few 2600XM that are loaded with ACLs and I can no longer save/store the entire configuration files. How do I increase the router's NVRam?

6 Replies 6

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Before getting onto replacing or upgrading the size of the NVRAM check if you have unecessary files available in that.

If there some unwanted files and crashdump files stored do delete them up to free up the space.

regds

Also you can compress config file stored in NVRAM with ratio 1:2. Enter "service compress-config" command in global config mode if you haven't done this yet.

Thanks for the advice, however I had already compressed the config file. It is pretty huge with all of the ACLs. Thanks again.

Thanks again

Thanks for the info. I did have a crashdump file in there and deleted it. Unfortunately that is still not enough room. We have several sites and this is like our core router, so the config file is very big. I have to make sure that I paste the config in there if it's gets reloaded (which is a burden).

Do I upgrade the flash in order to upgrade the NVRam?

Hi. Just an update. A combination of both of your suggestions did the trick. I had deleted the CrashDump file but neglected to 'squeeze' it out of flash. After that, the compression took place successfully. Fixed me right up.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: