Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Installing CiscoWorks 3.2

Hi,

I am installing CiscoWorks 3.2 on a Windows 2003 server. I am getting the following error "Cannot create the install dependency file."

Any assistance would be useful.

Thanks...

Shaun

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Have you confirmed you meet

Have you confirmed you meet the prerequisite requirements? (Link)

I do recall it is quite particular about you using the US-English or Japanese locale for the OS.

Unfortunately you won't be able to get any official TAC support since the product was last sold over 3 years ago and is part End of Support. (EoX notice)

I assume there's some reason you're trying to install that instead of the more current and much better LMS 4.2.

I am aware of the newer

I am aware of the newer version and end of support. However, this is what I inherited. The server needed a fresh image, so I am just trying to get this system back up running in good order until I am able to get new hardware and software approved for purchase and ordered.

I do not beleive that is the issue. My OS in US-Engish and I have selected the same for CiscoWorks install wizard.

Thanks...

Cisco Employee

Some of the most basic check

Some of the most basic check points before you begin install is :

> Log in as local administrator account. In any case it is not possible, login as a local account and not a domain admin account.

> Disable any 3rd party application, specially any Anti-Virus for the time being it is installed.

> Disable Windows Data Execution Protection (DEP) 

> Set the per-user and global TEMP and TMP environment variables to short values (e.g. C:\WINDOWS\TEMP)

You should also check the media for its checksum if it is not corrupted. Share install log from c:/ to check further. 

You can check other pre-reqs as best practices on windows install from here.

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Thanks...

Thanks... Windows Data Execution Protection (DEP) and the Environment Variables were the problem. Thanks again. Shaun
Cisco Employee

Glad that it worked. You can

Glad that it worked. You can resolve this thread and close if it has.

-Thanks

Vinod

**Encourage Contributors. RATE Them.**

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **
Views
Helpful
Replies