Hi,

One of our clients has licensed Ciscoworks LMS 2.6 (Windows platform) with

CS-3.0.5

CM-4.0.6

DFM-2.0.6

IPM-2.6.0

IU-1.6.0

RME-4.0.5

This was in production for two years. Now they are planning to have a new Ciscoworks server. So how can the migration be carried out. can i install the LMS 2.6 on the new server and then activate the license, even when the old LMS server is in production, or should i uninstall the LMS from the old server and then install on the new server? Also after new installation can i restore the database?

Thanks in advance

MannyD

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can install LMS 2.6 on the new server. Patch it up, then verify it is working. This can be done in eval mode. Once it is working, install the license from the existing server, then take the existing server offline.

As for data migration, this is certainly possible. See http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/2.6/data_migration/guide/dmg_win.html on how to migrate data from one server to another. Follow the steps for a remote upgrade (though you're really not upgrading).

Hi,

This client is looking to migrate from LMS 2.6 to LMS 3.1. So is this essestially an upgrade or a New installation for LMS 3.1. What kind of license is required? A "2.6 to 3.1" upgrade license or a fresh 3.1 license.

Please help..

Thx

Manny D

LMS 3.1 is a new installation. You will need to purchase a new LMS 3.1 license. There is no upgrade license like there was for 2.2 to 2.5.

Thank you for the reply

I have gone through the LMS 3.1 guide and it says that an upgrade form 2.6 to 3.1 is possibe. There is an item CWLMS-3.1-300UPK9 (Major upgrade kit form lms 2.x to 3.1 up to 300 devices).Then there is an item CWLMS-3.1-100-K9. For an upgradation should we order the first one CWLMS-3.1-300UPK9? I believe CWLMS-3.1-300UPK9 is for an upgradation from lms 2.x to 3.1 and CWLMS-3.1-100-K9 is for fresh installation. Is this correct?

regards

Manny

A DATA upgrade from 2.6 to 3.1 is possible. However, you were asking about licensing. The LMS 2.6 license is not compatible with LMS 3.1.

You can order CWLMS-3.1-300UPK9.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: