cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing LMS 2.6

didentx01
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone please help!!! This is a 3 PART QUESTION. I will be installing LMS 2.6 on a Solaris 9 server. Is it a straight install or do I have to go to a previous version, then install LMS 2.6. I heard 2.6 was a mega patch to 2.5???? Secondly, when I get on LMS 2.6 can I upgrade to Common Services 3.0.6 and RME 4.0.6. Last question, the server we are replacing is LMS 2.6. It has CS 3.0.5 and RME 4.0.5, CV 6.1.5 and CM 4.0.6. Can I restore the data from that server to the server we are building. It will be LMS 2.6 but will have latest modules for LMS 2.6 (CS 3.0.6, RME 4.0.6, CM 4.0.12 etc.) Thank you!!!

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no way to install 2.6 cleanly on a server. You must first install LMS 2.5.1 from CD, then install the LMS 2.6 mega-patch from CD or from a download.

Yes. CS 3.0.6 and RME 4.0.6 correspond to the LMS 2.6 SP1 versions.

Yes, you can restore the data from the old server to the new server.

Joe...YOU ARE KIDDING ME! I have to go back to 2.5.1, then install 2.6. How can I get 2.5.1? We cannot locate 2.5.1. I am suppose to be loaded a server tomorrow. This is the only downtime we have.

Is there a reason why you are upgrading to the prior major release level? LMS 2.6 is end-of-sale and 3.1, the current release, introduces significant additional functionality.

If you have SASU (SAS plus Upgrades), you are entitled to upgrade major releases and would thus be able to install LMS 3.1. 3.1 is available as a 90-day evaluation download (100 device limit). That evaluation copy can be upgraded with a license file to a full non-expiring version.

If you don't have SASU, but only SAS (Software Application Support), then you are indeed limited to licensing for 2.6, absent a major release upgrade purchase.

LMS 2.6 was never pressed to CDs as a full release. It was only ever released as a patch on top of 2.5.1. If you have 2.5.1 under SAS contract, you may be able to go to http://www.cisco.com/upgrade/ and request the CDs, but that can take 7 to 10 business days to arrive.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: