Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Internetwork Process Monitor (IPM) 2.5

I am using (until recently) IPM 2.5 running on Solaris 8. I have this problem that when I start IPM the CPU is utilized 100% all the time and the top talker is CWB_ipmSnmpd (about 90-95%). The data collection is not working and I have not data. I have tried to uninstall IPM and reinstalling it again , but face the same problem. The CPU process is fine but once I add even one collector to poll data the CPU shoots up to 100% with CWB_ipmSnmpd taking up most of the CPU time (90-95%). I need to stop ipm for the CPU to drop back down. Could some one help me in figuring out how to fix this issue.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Internetwork Process Monitor (IPM) 2.5

This looks like something I have seen before and is related to a problem with IOS on your collectors.

The RTTMON mib returns an incorrect oid value and subsequently for each getnext afterwards returns the same incorrect. This makes the SNMP Server enter into some kind of loop and takes the CPU 100%.

It will randomly happen for some of the collectors on in IPM

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

This looks like something I have seen before and is related to a problem with IOS on your collectors.

The RTTMON mib returns an incorrect oid value and subsequently for each getnext afterwards returns the same incorrect. This makes the SNMP Server enter into some kind of loop and takes the CPU 100%.

It will randomly happen for some of the collectors on in IPM

Thank you for your response

I tried to poll using a different router running a higher IOS and it worked fine without any issues on the CPU.

Views
Helpful
Replies