Views
Helpful
Replies

Inventory collecion problem (RICS0001)

a.perrichon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have a problem in a new CiscoWorks LMS 3.0.1 installation. The Inventory Collection doesn't work for all the 47 devices. The error shown in the job result details is :

"RICS0001: Internel Error, unable to process collected data from the device"

I have read some posts where the solution proposed was to delete and re-add the devices, or to ask to the TAC a patch for the bug CSCsm97530.

The TAC answers that there is no patch for my version (RME 4.1.1) ?????

Help me please.

Regards.

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My patches do apply to RME 4.1.1. However, your problem is different. First, your server is localized for French. This is not supported. You must change the locale to US English. Mais, je parle un peu français, and it appears your RME database is bad. You're missing a vital column, isPOECapable, in your PhysicalElement table.

This column was added in RME 4.1.1, so it looks like your upgrade to RME 4.1.1 did not work properly. You can try reinstalling the LMS 3.0.1 upgrade, but there may be a deeper problem preventing the database update script from running.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: