cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inventory Collection fails with RICS0001:Internal Error

g.meerkoetter
Level 1
Level 1

I have a few devices where inventory collection fails with the following error message:

RICS0001:Internal Error,unable to process the collected data from the device.

Inventory Collection used to work fine on these devices until it suddenly broke. I've attached detailed logs for one of the devices.

Versions:

$ uname -a

SunOS netmgt3 5.10 Generic_120011-14 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-280R Solaris

Common Services -> Software Center -> Software Update reports:

Bundle Name Version Installed Date

1. LMS 3.0.1 03 Dec 2007

Product Name Version Installed Date

1. CiscoView 6.1.7 04 Feb 2008, 14:10:26 CET

2. CiscoWorks Assistant 1.0.1 04 Feb 2008, 14:10:26 CET

3. Integration Utility 1.7.1 04 Feb 2008, 14:10:26 CET

4. CiscoWorks Common Services 3.1.1 04 Feb 2008, 14:10:26 CET

5. Campus Manager 5.0.3 16 Jun 2008, 17:17:57 CEST

6. Device Fault Manager 3.0.3 27 Jun 2008, 13:12:55 CEST

7. Internetwork Performance Monitor 4.0.1 04 Feb 2008, 14:10:26 CET

8. LMS Portal 1.0.1 04 Feb 2008, 14:10:26 CET

9. Resource Manager Essentials 4.1.1 04 Feb 2008, 14:10:26 CET

10. Health and Utilization Monitor 1.0.0 04 Feb 2008, 16:14:01 CET

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Since it sounds like you have multiple affected devices, delete one, and re-add it. Perform THREE inventory collections. If the problem does not reoccur after three, then it was bad data, and you can delete and re-add the others. If it does, then this will need to be recreated in our lab to determine what is broken.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This IC_Server.log does not contain the error details (it got cut off too soon). That said, there are two known inventory collection problems in RME 4.1.1 for which I have written patches. The first is a general fix which may help you out (CSCsm97530). The second affects devices which have 10GB Xenpaks installed (CSCso54489). Both patches can be obtained by contacting the TAC.

Ooops, looks like I copied the file while there were unwritten buffers. That's why I did not see any relevant error message.

So looking at the rest of the logfile (attached), there seems to be a duplicate entry in the PhysicalAssetData table:

AddInvChange,effect

,33,Unexpected error :com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException: ASA Error -193: Pri

mary key for table 'PhysicalAssetData' is not unique

So I wouldn't expect that your fixes would help me with this problem. Thanks for the input, anyway.

The fix for CSCsm97530 may actually fix this. It is a general purpose fix for "not unique" errors.

Thanks a lot, Joe.

I'll give it a try ASAP.

Well, the patch was only a partial success. Inventory collection now works again for the 3750, while the two 4510s still fail with the same error message.

Any more ideas?

Thanks,

Gerold

When you applied the patch, did you remove the 4500s from RME, then re-add them? There was one instance of AssetData duplication that was actually due to bad database data. Removing the device and re-adding it corrected the problem moving forward.

No, I didn't remove the devices because I wanted to give you a chance to find out where the

bad database data has come from. ,-)

I'm pretty sure that it will get things going again. But on the other hand I don't like to loose my configuration history. Therefore I've always considered this procedure as a last resort.

Since it sounds like you have multiple affected devices, delete one, and re-add it. Perform THREE inventory collections. If the problem does not reoccur after three, then it was bad data, and you can delete and re-add the others. If it does, then this will need to be recreated in our lab to determine what is broken.

Thanks for the clarification. I've followed the proposed procedure and both devices have now had

three inventory collections without any problem.

Have a nice day!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: