cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inventory never collected

ud0508500
Level 1
Level 1

I have a number of devices that have not been collected and are not showing up in the device managemnet area. They are listed in the RME (devices that have never been collected, when I try to view these objects they come back as (failed to resolve) Is there a way to remove these devices? Greatly appreciate your help, thank you

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can remove devices from the Device Credential Repository via Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management. You should be able to find all of them under the RME/Pre-deployed group. That should make it easy to delete them all in one shot.

I can not remove the devices because they do not show up under any listings in the device management nor under anything in the RME groups. The devices are only showing up in the RME/devices /inventory /inventory never collected. Do you know how to remove them from here? This is the only place the devices are listed and there is not an option to delete them. Thanks again for all your help

This problem should no longer be an issue in newer versions of RME. What version do you currently have?

Removing devices from the list is tricky. It requires direct database access. The safest way to do this is to reinitialize the rmeng database, but this will causes all inventory, config, syslog, and software data to be lost. If this is an acceptable solution, you can do this by shutting down dmgtd, then running:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=rmeng dmprefix=RME

Having devices listed here does not cause any problems per se, but if it is vital to you that they be removed, you can open a TAC Service Request, and they can walk you through the procedure.

We are running RME version 4.0.4

LMS2.5, would upgrading to the newer version correct this issue? Something got corrupt when adding these 20 devices, we have over 1000 devices in the system already, I really can not remove everything. Is ther no other way?

Thanks again for your time

Upgrading will not correct the issue, but it will ensure that when the bad entries are removed, the problem will not reoccur. If it is vital that you remove these entries without losing other data, you will need to open a TAC Service Request. Directly modifying the RME database can be problematic if not done correctly.

Thanks for all your help, greatly appreciate your time

Thanks again, I will open a case