Views
Helpful
Replies

IP addresses and not hostname on DFM

benjo.rulloda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Why is it on DFM I can only see the IP address of the devices? Is there a way that I can edit that to show the hostname instead? I thought once I edit the device identity under Common Services, and change the display name and hostname, I will be able to see the hostname for all the devices but it did not.

18 Replies 18

That's odd. We have DNS entries for all of the existing devices and those names show up in DFM, this was the case pre 2.6 upgrade as well. Its just new devices for some reason.... so it must be using DNS correctly.

Java has some issues with certain DNS entries (this is a known "feature" in the java.net.InetAddress class). Try adding the local hosts file entry for this one device, and see if it helps.

Following up... is DFM in LMS 3.1 offering any improvements in this aspect? Any other new or improved features in LMS 3.1? 2.6 updates are EOL'd june 2009 so we are looking at a 3.1 upgrade.

thanks

The display name issue is the same in DFM 3.1. For more about LMS 3.1 vs. 2.6, please start a new thread.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: