Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

IP Phone tracking on LMS 2.5.x

I've just setup our LMS Server and everything is going pretty good. I've updated to the latest for all of the modules and have started 'slowly' adding devices by range and network. I've setup a few users for User Tracking with UTLite and UTU1.1.1 and that's working out as well. However, I'm not getting any of our IPPhones to show up in LMS at all. I have yet to attach our Call Manager to LMS (baby steps) but I was under the impression that it would still pick up the IP Phones as it searches for devices. Is there something specific you need to do? I can not for the life of me remember the small tidbit of info I received in the LMS class, but was thinking it was something tricky. Does LMS do ok on Shared Ports with IPPhones? i.e. in my office I have a port set on a switch for the phone and also have it set to access a data vlan for my workstation, hence I plug the workstation directly into the phone and on over to the switch. Any help is appreciated. I was hoping to see some results before adding the call managers to LMS. Kind of a 'It's ok to do this guys, see.. it's cooool'.

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: IP Phone tracking on LMS 2.5.x

If the CCMs are not yet being data collected by Campus, then the phones will only show up as regular end hosts (in the UT main table). Once the CCMs are managed by Campus, and are green on the Topology Map, then UT will be able to get the additional IP Phone information, and add the end hosts to the IP Phone table.

Note: while IP Phones connected to trunk ports on XL and 2950 series switches should be found, IP Phones connected to trunk ports on other switches will not be acquired by UT at all. You should not be using trunk ports on non-XL and non-2950 switches. Instead, user the voice VLAN feature, and UT will find the connected PC and phone.

Thank you for the help. Yeah, we're using voice vlan's for our port configuration.

Cisco Employee

Then you should have no problems. You should be seeing the phones as end hosts now; and when your CCMs get managed, they should show up as IP phones.

Hi,

I also face the same problem, but the topology managed to see the call manager but with question mark icon. user tracking still cannot find the IP Phone.

Hi All,

I too also have the same problem which has been mentioned by raun.williams + apart from that, if I am using syslog end host report, I am not getting IP addresses and host names of my end workstations. Any suggestion will be hightly appreciated.

Thanks

Cisco Employee

Syslog and end hosts do not go together. Which are you having problems with? Do you not see syslog messages in the RME reports correctly, or do you not see all of the end host attributes in User Tracking?

In either case, this should be posted as a new thread.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content