Views
Helpful
Replies

IP SLA Threshold Notification

slueckoff
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

what possibilities do I have to notify(email) if a threshold of my ip sla configuration accrues?

I configured the following reaction:

ip sla reaction-configuration ... trapOnly

Can the DFM handle the snmp-traps and send an email?

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, but RME can process the syslog messages generated by IP SLA, and send you emails. You can also use the Embedded Event Manager plus Enhanced Object Tracking to send an email when a timeout occurs. If you're running IOS 12.4(22)T or higher, you can EEM to send an email on a wide variety of IP SLA triggers. See http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/netmgmt/configuration/guide/nm_eem_policy_cli_ps6441_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html for more on configuring EEM.

Thanks for the answer!

I realized it with RMA and the syslog messages.

I've also tried it with the EEM.

But there i could only find the OID for the general timeout and not for all the other thresholds. Are there also SNMP-Entries for the others? For example JitterAvg?

There are no OIDs or anything to do with SNMP when it comes to syslog messages. I do not understand what you're asking.

I've tried to get the information from the SNMP-MIB.

But I should react on syslog messages in the EEM.

Thanks

Ah, I think I follow. In order to react to other IP SLA triggers with EEM, you need to be using a device which supports EEM 3.0. This means IOS 12.4(22)T or higher. Then, you will need to use the new ipsla event detector. See http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/netmgmt/configuration/guide/nm_eem_overview_ps6441_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html for more details on EEM and its features.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: