Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPM 2.6 no Reports available

hello, running IPM 2.6.0.0 Everything looks good except the Reports. On all report types no available reports show. The window is blank for all report types

In the Process Status seems OK, all states show ready and/or running

How do I troubleshoot this? Is there a relevant section in the "Troubleshooting Info"? thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Check C:\progra~1\CSCOpx\bin. Do you have a perl directory here? If so, delete it, and this problem should go away.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Pick one of your Collectors, and check to make sure it is still running, and running successfully. This may mean going to the source device, and running "show rtr collection-sta", "show rtr config", "show rtr oper" (note: depending on the server of IOS, this may be "show ip sla" or "show ip sla monitor").

Assuming the collectors are still running successfully, check to make sure IPM can communicate with them. Use the CiscoWorks Device Center to SNMP walk the devices starting at .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.42.

Finally, the ipmLogger.log.X may have some relevant errors as to why report data cannot be collected or displayed.

With regard to the collectors themselves everything looks good.

rtr/ip sla on the devices is working stats updating and traps being sent.

Also within the IPM client everything looks healthy - config stats history etc. Just the Reports that are empty

To me it looks like data is being collected just that there are no reports in the pane to select and action - the pane is completely blank.

Will check ipmLogger.log.X for anything obvious. thanks

We maybe talking about two separate things. Please post a screenshot illustrating your problem. Also, on what platform are you running IPM?

Running on W2k

All report types i.e. Configuration, Latency, Jitter etc and all their sub-types display a blank pane as shown attached

Sorry that should say running on win2003

Please post the NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\logs\stdout.log as well as the output of "ipm export -c" run from within the IPM DOS command prompt.

I kinda suspected the web app area but didn't know where to look; now I know, thanks!

See attached for tomcat stdout and ipm export -c

To my untrained eye these lines look interesting in the Tomcat stdout

action: Looking for Action instance for class com.cisco.nm.uii.forwardToScreenID

action: UIIController processActionForward does not have a screenID so no authorization was done for /WEB-INF/screens/ipm/ipmCgiOutput.jsp.

Nothing wrong here, either. Try running this command from the IPM DOS prompt:

perl C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~2\Server\bin\nph-ipmReports.pl collector

What output do you get?

The html output looks good, all the collectors are there each with links to the doAction Javascript function e.g.

javascript:doAction('collectors','daily_jitterstats','0','2147483647','cus1s-ndc1s-G711','2');"

I thought we were onto something before with the Tomcat msesages about no authorization for UIIController against ipmCgiOutput.jsp ?

Those messages are normal, and do not indicate an error. It sounds like everything should be working. The last bit of server-sided debugging that can be done is to run "ipm debug" from the IPM DOS shell, enable IPMProcessManager debug and trace, then reproduce the problem. Then post the ipmLogger.log files.

On the client side, there could be a Javascript error triggering a problem. In one of the browser's URL fields, type in "javascript:" and hit enter. The resulting Javascript console may contain errors that could point to the problem.

Problem is reproduceable across many different clients/browsers/java so leads me to think it's not client side?

IPMProcessManager and ipmLogger.log debug output attached. At the 17:46:19 timestamp I clicked on "Configuration Reports > Collectors"

While attempting to exec nph-ipmReports.pl is it throwing an exception for CreateProcess ?

Check C:\progra~1\CSCOpx\bin. Do you have a perl directory here? If so, delete it, and this problem should go away.

Success! It wasn't a dir but an empty file named "perl". Renamed it and all OK. Bit of a mystery, timestamp from months ago. Will delete it.

Thanks so much for your patient assistance. I've learned a lot about troubleshooting IPM at least.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco