Views
Helpful
Replies

IPM 4.0.1 - Hourly UDP Jitter Max RTT Reporting Problem

eidumsigfrid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When running an hourly report for a given IP SLA test IPM provides differing results as to what is contained in the minute by minue report run for the same time period.

The RTT max(ms) column in the hourly report features several spikes that can't be found in the minute by minute report. How is IPM rolling up the data to an hour?

Results are attached.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I was able to reproduce this internally on your IOS and 12.4(24)T. I filed CSCta40347 to track this. Please open a service request so your SR can be linked to this bug.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This data comes from the device. What values do you get walking the rttMonStatsCaptureTable and rttMonJitterStatsTable tables on this device? What version of IOS is this device running?

Hi,

I have Cacti running as well now to extract and graph the SNMP data. Cacti shows a max RTT of 29ms for the last hour as compared to IPM's hourly graph which shows a max RTT of 130ms.

When running the minute by minute report for the last hour, IPM data correlates with the data from Cacti.

The router is a Cisco 7206 running IOS 12.4(15)T7.

Please post the SNMP Walk output. These tables are used by IPM to build the hourly graphs and reports.

SNMP walk output attached.

This does appear to indicate a problem on the device. I happen to have a 7200 running 12.4(15)T7, so I'm running some tests locally to see if I can reproduce. It does appear you've found an IOS bug.

I was able to reproduce this internally on your IOS and 12.4(24)T. I filed CSCta40347 to track this. Please open a service request so your SR can be linked to this bug.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: