Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IPM 4.1 stopped working, IPMProcess service won't start.

IPM 4.1 stopped working

On our LMS 3.1 server I noticed that the IPMProcess was listed as "down" on the System tab. Checking the IPM tab displays "Error in communicating with IPMProcess or IpmDbEngine. It may be down or not yet up. Please make sure processes are up and running". When trying to start the IPMProcess service under CS>Processes it will allow me to click Start, but after refreshing the page it changes right back to "Administrator has shut down this server" with a ProcessStopTime of when I tried to start it. I checked around in the forum and didn't find a similar issue with this version so I decided to uninstall IPM and reinstall. After rebooting the server it still comes up with the same exact issue. I've attached the IPM log files that contain errors. The IPMOGSClient.log file was empty. It looks like it replaced the ..\CSCOpx\databases\ipm\ipm.db file during the reinstall, so I'm not sure what else to try at this point. Thanks.

2 REPLIES

Re: IPM 4.1 stopped working, IPMProcess service won't start.

Here is the IPMOGSServer.log file that wouldn't fit in the original post because of the 3 attachment restriction.

Re: IPM 4.1 stopped working, IPMProcess service won't start.

This started working again when the wrong version of HPSIMs was removed and replaced with the correct client version. *Nevermind*

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content