Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IPM 4.2.0 "No data is available for the selected time period"

I have 32 collectors on the same source device monitoring various distributions throughout our enterprise. I set these up approximately a week ago, and am unable to pull any information. They are no the default 60 minute cycle, utilizing UDP jitter. I ensure I select the proper graph settings to coincide with the collector. The statistics on the source switch (via CLI) seem fine...thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: IPM 4.2.0 "No data is available for the selected time period

While the IP SLA commands exist on earlier code, the feature was not officially supported (i.e. fully committed and tested) before 12.2(40)SE.

12 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Exactly what button did you click to get this error?  How did you define these collectors in IPM?  Are they Historical or Real-time?

Good morning Joe,

Thanks for the reply. I clicked on the Graph button after selecting a collector. I defined them using the default UDP jitter settings. The source device is a 3750 and the destination is a 6500, both with responder capabilities. They are historical.

Cisco Employee

If you click the Monitor button instead, do you get any data in the resulting graphs?

Yes, data does appear when monitoring real-time via the Monitor button.

Cisco Employee

Post the ipmpoller.log.

Joe, I added 31 additional collectors sourced from a different device. Following this configuration modification it seems that all of the collectors are functioning properly. Thoughts on this? Thanks.

Cisco Employee

Perhaps there is a bug on the previous source device where the historical IP SLA data cannot be properly polled.  Without more details, I cannot say for certain.

The original source is a couple of 3750-12s stacked, running c3750-ipbasek9-mz.122-25.SEE1.

Cisco Employee

IP SLA is not supported on 3K switches prior to 12.2(40)SE.

That would explain it :-) I know it actually runs RTR, not SLA, but figured since IPM configured it that it was supported.

Cisco Employee

While the IP SLA commands exist on earlier code, the feature was not officially supported (i.e. fully committed and tested) before 12.2(40)SE.

Thanks Joe. I think I'll simply remove the collectors from this source device. You're expertise, as always, is much apprecaited.

Views
Helpful
Replies