Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Is it possible to Unstall LMS software and install it on another platform??

Hi people,

I had installed Ciscoworks LMS 3.1 software in  Window server 2003 and was running just fine but now i want to reinstall it on a sun solaries platform.what will be the effect of doing this and whether there are any issues that i may encounter while doing this please assist me coz i want to reinstall it ASAP.

Thanks

2 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Is it possible to Unstall LMS software and install it on an

Unfortunately very few LMS data could be migrated across platforms, due to the Sybase database it uses. See Joe's explanation here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/671923#671923, including what little you can actually move over.

Re: Is it possible to Unstall LMS software and install it on an

As yjdabear said, it will be a fresh installation, so think about installing LMS 3.2 instead of LMS 3.1 your license file is valid for that version. You can get an eval version from www.cisco.com/go/nmsevals click on "Network Management Evaluation Products" at the top of the page or enter your contract number after following the link on this site www.cisco.com/upgrade

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content