Helpful
Replies

is one computer enough for LMS 2.5 ?

ohalnet53
Level 1
Level 1

hi mates,

need some help on LMS 2.5;

I have one dedicated computer for network monitoring purposes and going to install LMS 2.5 on it. But i am confused when i read LMS installation pdf. it says SERVER and CLIENT(?). that sounds to me i am gonna need 1 computer for server and atleast one computer for client. is that right?

Question is; do i need more than one computer in order to install LMS 2.5? or just one computer would do the job? My LAN is a small one and consists of only 6 catalyst switches and 60 end users.

thanks in advance for helping :)

4 Replies 4

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

Well, you really only need one computer. You will need

a minimum of 2 Gig memory.

However, based on your network size, LMS 2.5 may be overkill.

You may want to look into CiscoWorks Small Network Management Solution.

Thank for responding you Habib

if I need one conputer what is the client supposed to be? catalyst switches are clients perhaps?

tx for helping

The client is any machine with a browser (suported versions as listed in readme along with correct Java version). The client can be a browser on the server.

Hope this helps, please rate helpful posts.

The client is any machine with a browser (suported versions as listed in readme along with correct Java version). The client can be a browser on the server.

Hope this helps, please rate helpful posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: