cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

is possible to filter events from email notification in DFM

ROMAN TOMASEK
Level 1
Level 1

The customer has a problem with a lot of events in an email notification. He created the event set A, where are checked events 1000 - 1026. This event set is assigned to a notification group which is used for the email's notification. The customer gets notifications for event code for example 1075 (OperationallyDown

Interface). Is possible to filter event codes greater than 1026 for the email notifications? Thank you.

13 Replies 13

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

He has most likely not configured his notification group correctly. Please post the screenshot of the notification group configuration screen.

I'm sending you the screenshot of the notification group screen.

This group is properly configured. Only events in event set A will be sent as notifications from this group. If you're seeing other events, please provide a screenshot of event set A's configuration as well as a sample email.

I am having pretty much the same problem as this, but after a week of troubleshooting with TAC, they are escalating to the developers. You may be running into some sort of bug as that appears to be where I am at.

Thank you for the bad news:-( Do you know some date where this bug will be resolved? Thank you.

I know it. I'm sending you the screenshot from the event set screen.

I know of no such bug, and I can't find one by searching. All the experiences I've had with notification services is that the event filtering works.

Unfortunately, this screenshot alone does not help. I need to see a sample email from an event that is NOT selected under event set A. Also, do you have multiple notification groups configured?

Hi Clarke,

I'm sending you the email with event code 1075:

Subject: 00001S4 ; static-dsl-66.213-160-172.telecom.sk ; Wed 03-Dec-2008 11:26:27 CET ; Critical ; OperationallyDown ; Active

EVENT ID = 00001S4

ALERT ID = 00000RV

TIME = Wed 03-Dec-2008 11:26:27 CET

STATUS = Active

SEVERITY = Critical

MANAGED OBJECT = static-dsl-66.213-160-172.telecom.sk

MANAGED OBJECT TYPE = Routers

EVENT DESCRIPTION = OperationallyDown::Component=IF-static-dsl-66.213-160-172.telecom.sk/11 [Fa7];ComponentClass=Interface;ComponentEventCode=1075;Type=ETHERNETCSMACD;IsFlapping=false;AdminStatus=UP;MaxSpeed=100000000;OperStatus=DOWN;InterfaceCode=CODEUNKNOWN;Mode=NORMA

CUSTOMER IDENTIFICATION = Alef_LMS

The customer has configured only event set A and one the notification group with this event set.

This notification is correct. You have checked OperationallyDown in your event set A, and this is an OperationallyDown event. The event code does not matter, only the Description (i.e. the type of event).

So I can only choose the whole event OperationallyDown (chassis, interface, port, disk, card), but I can't filter Link Up/Down events? So when I uncheck OperationallyDown event in the event set A, this email notification will not be sent by DFM? But I have no possibility to filter for example link up/down event and chassis up/down event from the email notification? Thank you.

If you unselect OperationallyDown in the event set, this notification will no longer be seen, No, you can filter on different types of OperationallyDown events.

So my question is how I can filter the different types of OperationallyDown events for notification?? Thank you.

This is not possible. You can filter on the event description, but not on individual classes of events within the same event description.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: