cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a log file for devices being added to RME -

getwithrob
Level 3
Level 3

There are a number of devices I can't seem to load into RME. Is there a log file I can look at to get more information than the GUI is showing? The GUI is stating Could not connect to host' as the not responding reason but I can telnet to the device from the RME box and I can walk the device from the RME box.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

When RME gives this error message, it usually means that the DIServer failed to acquire the appropriate information. This is usually collected via SNMP.

Try increasing the SNMP timeout and see if that helps.

(RME -> Admin -> System Configuration)

I believe the maximum value is 60 sec.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

getwithrob
Level 3
Level 3

In the Connectivity Tools Folder under Managament Station to Device, Telnet tests OK and SNMPR tests OK. However the interface Status shows DOWN. The funny thing is, I can ping and telnet to that interface with no problems from the RME box.

When RME gives this error message, it usually means that the DIServer failed to acquire the appropriate information. This is usually collected via SNMP.

Try increasing the SNMP timeout and see if that helps.

(RME -> Admin -> System Configuration)

I believe the maximum value is 60 sec.

I up-ed the fast snmp timeout to 60 and the slow snmp timeout to 120. The devices are loading now.

The reason I chose those values is this is what the 3 production servers were using.

Fast SNMP Timeout = 60

Fast SNMP Retry = 10

Slow SNMP Timeout = 120

Slow SNMP Retry = 10

You might want to lower the Retry for both the Fast and Slow. Setting them to 3 should be more than sufficient.

If you keep them at 10, it may cause some performance issues.

When you say 3, do you mean 3 times the default?

The default settings are:

Fast SNMP Timeout = 5

Fast SNMP Retry = 2

Slow SNMP Timeout = 20

Slow SNMP Retry = 3

Not 3 times the default. Just 3.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: