Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

is there any way to load image on my device using CLI through ciscoworks

Hey,

I need to loadOs to my router and am right now using cwcli to interact with device.. as per my earlier query answered by Joi, I can not load OS using CwCli.. Just need to ask whether is there any possible way to do it..(I mean by crating a job or something like that)..

the idea comes in my mind is to send "All commands related to load OS in file" in batch mode through CWCLI and reload the router.. but dunno whether this would work , as copy command is interactive one and I may not be able to send interactive commands.. Please Help

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You could emulate some of SWIM's functions using Netconfig and Netshow via cwcli. However, you would have to run multiple jobs, and write some code around each one to glue the results together. You would also need to stage the images manually to the tftpboot directory (or some other area for copying).

If you have RME 4.1 (i.e. LMS 3.0) you can export images from the SWIM repository with cwcli using the cwcli swim exportimages command. However, it will still be up to you to clue together the different pieces to actually deploy the image to a device.

Thnks joe,

This is fine with me to put image manually at some dir in Ciscoworks, But Still am not sure using netconfig and netshow i would be able to load the image.

cwcli netconfig createjob but only be able to send cmd like copy flash:c2600-i-mz.122-24a.bin tftp//172.16.100.242/c2600-i-mz.122-24a.bin

but after that there would not be any interaction to the device(as device verify the file and tftp address.and would expect atleast "CR" i.e. return to be entered.)

could you please give comments in more details How exactly we can send netconfig and netshow cmd to execute loadImage..

I tryed swim export also . but looks like it will only copy the image from device to repository(there too I could not see any provision to mention the IP address of the device) .. would SWIM be useful to load Image on devices

Consult the online help for Netconfig on how to execute interactive commands. Basically, you will need to use the tag to indicate the response required by certain commands.

You will need to use Netshow, or otherwise check the device's inventory to confirm it has enough RAM/flash to support the desired image.

SWIM or Software Image Management is the tool with RME uses to load software on devices. It can also archive software running on devices in your network. The exportimages command only operates on images already in your local LMS repository. You will need to add images to the repo from the GUI first.

Hi Joe,

This would be great and very kind of you if you could provide me example for how tag is used.. this would be really a great Help..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: