Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISP - IP management

Does anyone know what would be a good way to manage our IP ranges that we own as an IPS.

It seems to be a slow process that should be automated better....

HELP-A

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I think most people get confused when looking for an "IP management tool", because all of the products out there, like Cisco Network Registrar (which wasn't all that bad when I used it in 99'), and the one mentioned previously by another poster, are all based around some sort of DHCP server, when all people are really looking for is a tool like IP Plan :

http://iptrack.sourceforge.net/

Since you are an ISP, I imagine you are SWIP'ing blocks for your customers and that is never any fun to do manually. I had written my own tools to do so before I found this tool.

From the website,

"IPplan is a free (GPL), web based, multilingual, TCP IP address management software and tracking tool written in php 4, simplifying the administration of your IP address space. IPplan goes beyond TCPIP address management including DNS administration, configuration file management, circuit management (customizable via templates) and storing of hardware information (customizable via templates). IPplan can handle a single network or cater for multiple networks and customers with overlapping address space. Makes managing ip addresses and managing ip address space simple and easy!"

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dave.keith
Level 1
Level 1

We use Incognito Software IP Commander as our DHCP server. It is designed for ISP use, and has a lot of features for that market. We are not an ISP and do not use all of these features, but the product has performed very well for us. The also make other ISP management applications.

http://www.incognito.com/

Dave

Thanks I will look into that.

I think most people get confused when looking for an "IP management tool", because all of the products out there, like Cisco Network Registrar (which wasn't all that bad when I used it in 99'), and the one mentioned previously by another poster, are all based around some sort of DHCP server, when all people are really looking for is a tool like IP Plan :

http://iptrack.sourceforge.net/

Since you are an ISP, I imagine you are SWIP'ing blocks for your customers and that is never any fun to do manually. I had written my own tools to do so before I found this tool.

From the website,

"IPplan is a free (GPL), web based, multilingual, TCP IP address management software and tracking tool written in php 4, simplifying the administration of your IP address space. IPplan goes beyond TCPIP address management including DNS administration, configuration file management, circuit management (customizable via templates) and storing of hardware information (customizable via templates). IPplan can handle a single network or cater for multiple networks and customers with overlapping address space. Makes managing ip addresses and managing ip address space simple and easy!"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco